Contact for investors and analysts
- Investor Relations Director
Santander Bank Polska S.A.
ul. Kolorowa 10
Appointing two members of BZ WBK Management Board
Bank Zachodni WBK S.A. (“the Bank”) herby advises that on 24 August, 2011 the Bank Supervisory Board passed the resolutions on appointing
Mr. Juan de Porras Aguirre and Mr. Eamonn Crowley the Bank Management Board Members as of 1 September 2011.
Juan de Porras Aguirre
Place and Birth date: Madrid, May 6th 1964.
Global Banking & Markets
Responsible of the Energy and Oil & Gas portfolios. Previously managing the construction and infrastructure portfolio.
Key data: Portfolio Income growth above 25% between 2007-2011 although mature markets. Leading role in every key deal in Spain and Latam (Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia and Peru) high cross-selling, long term relationship enhancement.
|ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND
October 2005 - January 2007
Responsible of the Spanish Energy and Oil & Gas team
Key data: Origination and execution of a large number of transactions with all Spanish Corporates, in special the acquisition finance of Scottish Power by Iberdrola. Recruitment and training of the CIB team.
Senior Relationship Manager
June 2004- October 2005
Responsible of the Spanish Energy and Telecomm portfolio.
Key events: Building from scratch of the telecomm portfolio and making the bank present in every single relevant transaction since using my contact network.
|SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING (SocGen CIB)
Deputy Head Corporate Banking.
Dec 1997-June 2004
After a short period in the Credit Area; he worked for the Project Finance Telecom team. From september 2001 onwards became Deputy Head of the CIB team in Madrid.
Key issues: Created an intense relationship with most of the key CEOs and CFOs of the Spanish market, in special of the telecomm and enery sectors, which were managed directly. During those years he participated in most of the liberalisation process of the Energy and Telecom industries, financing most of the newcomers to those sectors (mobile and cable operators; privatisation of energy networks, consolidation of both industries, etc).
Worked for Commerzbank, Lloyds Bank, inter alia, always in the Credit Risk function.
Key issues: Starting as credit analyst in Commerzbank for the Corporate Department, gained true international experience within Lloyds Bank as number 2 of the Credit Department in its Spanish branch from 1993 to 1996.
|October 1982 – June 1987||Universidad de Granada, Spain, Degree in Law.|
|September 1987 – June 1989||Escuela Superior de Administración y Dirección de Empresas (ESADE) Barcelona – Spain, Master in Business Administration.|
|Jan 2001 – June 2001||Kellog School of Management. Northwestern University, Chicago. Illinois. - EE UU. Investment Banking Executive Program.|
ADDITIONAL TRAINING (inter alia):
CENTRO DE DESARROLLO DE DIRECTIVOS – BANCO SANTANDER- MADRID.
Various in house trainings in leadership since 1997 following the curricular plan for executives and imparted by professors from the most prestigious institutions such as Wharton or IMD.
"Corporate finance”. M&A, company valuation, ECM. Also trainings in Leveraged Finance Project Finance and structured finance. París – London from 1998 to November 2003.
"Credit Analysis” París 1997.
Several stages in the Uk and France since 1975 and for various terms: Solefield School, Sevenoaks, (Kent); Angulema (Charente); University of Grenoble (Isére - Alpes), etc.
Member of the Spanish Bar Associaition (Colegio de Abogados Granada y Madrid – 1987).
Juan de Porras Aguirre is not involved in any activity competitive to Bank. He is not included in the National Register of Insolvent Debtors (as per the Act on the National Court Register).
Date of Birth: 24th March, 1969
Senior executive with 24 years experience in banking and financial services spread across a wide range of disciplines including General Management, Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Treasury, Retail and Commercial banking, Fund Management, Corporate Governance and Investment banking. Track record of significant achievement in delivering results including lead management of the sale of AIB's 70.4% shareholding in BZWBK for €3.2bln, the implementation of strategic and financial plans leading to the development of the BZWBK into a top tier universal bank and the development of the No. 1 financial services provider in the Dublin International Financial Services Centre ("IFSC").
At present, a Supervisory Board member of the Dom Maklerski BZWBK and over an 8 year period, an active participant of the BZWBK Audit Committee. Previously, a Board Director of a number of IFSC Companies and Banks involved in a range of financial activities from intercompany lending to sophisticated structured lending products.
|2008 - present
AIB Central Eastern Europe Division
Dublin & Warsaw
- Divisional Director with responsibility for all operational aspects of managing AIB's interests in Poland, Bulgaria and the Baltic states
- Re-organised Baltic business through the closure of 11 sales offices and a 60% reduction in staff numbers.
- Lead project manager for the successful disposal of AIB's 70.4% shareholding in BZWBK for Euro 3.2bln.
- Managed and negotiated the sale of AIB's 49.99% interest in Bulgarian American Credit Bank.
- Managed and negotiated the sale of two mortgage books in Latvia and Lithuania with the sale of the Estonia mortgage book ongoing.
|2007 - 2008
AIB Capital Markets
- Head of Investment Banking Poland
- Managing Director of AIBPPM, a Polish investment company managing two Polish Property Funds with Commercial Property assets totalling over Euro 700m
- Responsible for AIB's Venture Capital business in Poland
- Supervisory Board Member of the No. 2 Polish Asset Management business
|2002 - 2007
AIB Poland Division
- Divisional Director with responsibility for completing the merger of two Polish banks and driving cost savings from the merger
- Development, implementation and execution of the banking and financial strategy for the AIB Poland Division
- Responsible for all shareholder activities including investor relations, corporate governance structures and inter group reporting
-Close working and advisory relationship with the senior management and the Supervisory Board of BZWBK
|1994 - 2002
AIB International Financial Services Ltd.
- Head of Client Services responsible for providing accounting services to over 200 International Corporates and Banks that had established centralised treasury,
financing, international trading and intellectual property operations in the International Financial Services Centre
- Finance Director managing over 120 staff
- Board Member of a number of IFSC Treasury Companies and Banks
- Implemented a business expansion strategy through the opening of sub-offices in London, Zurich, Luxembourg and Budapest
|1991 - 1994
American International Group (AIG)
Dublin & London
- Provision of all statutory, regulatory and management information for the business and a number of Irish domiciled Mutual Funds
- Head of Finance & Operations and Compliance Officer for the London based asset management business
|1987 - 1991
IIB Bank (subsidiary of KBC Bank, Belgium)
- Financial & Management Accounting - Corporate & Treasury
- Interest Rate Dealer
|1992||Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (F.C.C.A.)|
|1994||Associate Member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers (A.M.C.T.)|
|2000||Masters in Business Administration from University College Dublin (MBA)|
- Various AIB Group Executive Development Workshops
- Strategic Leadership - Ashridge Business School
- Communication Training Programme
Eamonn Crowley is not involved in any activity competitive to the Bank. He is not included in the National Register of Insolvent Debtors (as per the Act on the National Court Register).
§5 ust. 1 pkt 22 of the Finance Minister's Ordinance of 19 February 2009 on current and periodic reports published by the issuers of securities and the rules of equal treatment of the information required by the laws of non-member states.
Contact for investors and analysts